RA Self Management Programme (RASMP)
NRAS and Self Management UK have collaborated to develop a six week Self-Management Programme to help people with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) to learn self-management skills and gain more control over their lives.
The combination of NRAS’ knowledge of RA and living with the disease, understanding its treatment and management, and Self Management UK’s considerable experience of delivering effective self-management programmes for people with long-term conditions, has resulted in a programme that is tailored to your specific disease and needs. Both organisations are aware just how important it is to be able to manage a long-term condition like RA as best as possible, and we know from research, this can really improve long-term outcomes.
The RASMP can help you to
- Get the best from your medication
- Communicate more effectively with your healthcare team
- Learn how to better manage flares, pain and fatigue
- Understand the benefits of pacing, avoiding ‘boom and bust’ syndrome
- Meet others with RA and share experiences
- Set meaningful, achievable goals and action plans
- Learn how to problem solve
- Manage anxiety and depression
The programme is run once a week over 6 weeks comprising 3 hours per week, delivered by 2 tutors, one a health professional with clinical experience, working within a rheumatology setting and a lay person who has RA themselves. The date and timing of the next course is detailed below. The course is not ideal for those who are newly diagnosed but is aimed at for those who have lived with the disease for at least a year.
For more details contact NRAS on 0845 458 3969 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Current RASMP courses:
There are no courses schedule at the moment. Watch this space for updates.