2. To provide the Service, it is necessary for us to collect and process certain personal information (“Data”), including some or all of the following: name, address, date of birth, gender, email addresses and/or mobile phone numbers, financial transaction data, IP addresses, web-browser details, operating system details, activities and personal preferences relating to the provision of NRAS services, billing details and/or other information relevant to the Service. Data may also include certain so-called “Sensitive Data” such as information about your health (including without limitation data regarding those living with or affected by Rheumatoid Arthritis and/or Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis). NRAS takes special precautions in relation to such Sensitive Data in accordance with applicable law. You are responsible for ensuring that all personal information you provide to us is updated and correct at all times.
3. The Data will be stored together with any additional information you provide to us, and will be used to provide you with, and to improve, the Service. We collect, store and process certain personal information to provide you with information and tools to allow you to use the Service, to perform research, marketing and related activities, to supply other administrative services , to respond to enquiries and/or for other record-keeping purposes and to improve the Site, the App and the Service. From time to time, we and/or our trusted partners may contact you with offers that may interest you or to inform you of other products and services. Additionally, our third party service providers may have access to Data to carry out contracted services and (if you indicate that you are interested in receiving information about a particular third party’s products or services or if you opt in to receive certain products or services through us) we may provide your personal information to such third parties for the purposes of fulfilling your requests. All Data is processed by us in accordance with applicable data protection legislation and we will keep your personal information only for as long as is necessary.
4. By subscribing to the Service, you agree that your details (including your email address/street address) may be used to keep you informed about future events and news. You can unsubscribe at any time by either using the link within the relevant email or newsletter, or by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business which may involve the transfer of certain divisions or assets of our charity to other parties, and Data, where relevant, may be transferred to such third parties. Additionally, from time to time we may transfer Data to locations outside the European Economic Area, some of which may have different data protection laws to the UK or the EU, or no data protection laws. In all such cases, we transmit such information only to entities that comply with this policy and applicable law.
6. The Site, e-news bulletins, NRAS magazine and/or the App may display links to certain third party websites. We encourage you to read the individual privacy policies of those sites before providing any of your personal information to them.
improve the way the Site works, for example by making sure users find easily what they need. If you do not want cookies on your computer, you can remove them by changing your browser settings.
8. Please note you have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of Data or to object to or request the restriction of processing of your Data. If you do not want us to retain or use your Data in any way or at any time, you may withdraw your consent (i.e. “opt out”), by contacting us at email@example.com. Information about concerns or complaints may be made to the Information Commissioners Office in the UK via https://ico.org.uk/concerns.
10. If you have further questions about our privacy practices, please contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Updated June 2019]