Congratulations to the Healthcare Champions of 2019
Published: 4 Nov 2019
On 1st November, NRAS held its 6th Healthcare Champion awards ceremony in the magnificent surroundings of the Leathersellers’ Livery Hall in London.
The awards provide the opportunity to celebrate the dedication, professionalism and excellent care given by those healthcare professionals that go ‘the extra mile’ to provide the best possible outcomes for the many people living with RA and JIA, whilst also working in a challenging environment of NHS reforms and financial cuts.
This year nominations came from those living with RA and parents of children living with JIA across the UK who wanted to acknowledge the positive impact the health professionals treating them had made to their lives and their families’ lives. From the 70 UK wide nominations for professionals working in 40 UK hospitals, a panel of judges selected 9 winning entries. Those selected best demonstrated a commitment to meeting the needs of their patients while treating them holistically and involving them in decisions about their care.
And the winners of the 2019 NRAS Healthcare Champion Awards are:
- Anne Craig, Maggie, Thorne and Hayley Curme (University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust)
- Anne Quinn (Royal Victoria Hospital)
- Dr James Bateman (Wolverhampton New Cross Hospital)
- Dr James Galloway (King’s College Hospital)
- Rachel Campbell (Royal Alexandra Hospital)
- Paediatric Rheumatology Team (Southampton Hospital)
- Ruth Glynn and Stacy Ackerley (Wrexham Clwyd Hospital)
- Sharon Pearson (Lister Hospital)
- Dr Samir Patel (Southmead Hospital)