Marketing & Communications Officer
|Title||Marketing & Communications Officer|
|Salary||£25,000 - £28,000 (depending on experience)|
Full time, 35 hours per week
|Location||4 Switchback Office Park, Gardner Road, Maidenhead, Berskhire - SL6 7RJ|
|Reporting to||Head of Fundraising and Web & Digital Media Manager|
|Closing date||4th October 2019|
The National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society (NRAS), is the only patient-led organisation in the UK specialising in rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA). Due to its targeted focus on RA and JIA, NRAS provides truly expert and wide-ranging services to support, educate and campaign for people living with these complex autoimmune conditions, their families and the health professionals who treat them.
NRAS is looking for a talented, creative Marketing & Communications Officer with 1-2 years of experience to join our small, dedicated and friendly team, who will be responsible for the production and delivery of all regular internal and external communications for the charity. This is an important role and involves working with internal teams as well as external stakeholders, ensuring the charity and its services are promoted to their full potential. Email marketing and copywriting are especially important components of this role.
Key responsibilities include:
- Production and delivery of all internal and external newsletters (print and digital) on behalf of the organisation
- Work with the Web & Digital Media Manager to create an email marketing strategy, with a focus on regular and personalised communication, user journeys and marketing automation
- Liaising with internal teams (such as Fundraising) and our creative suppliers to coordinate the design of all our marketing materials, including our quarterly magazine, publications, promotional videos and other ad-hoc materials such as posters, booklets, print ads etc.
- Work with the Web & Digital Media Manager to develop and implement the NRAS Brand Guidelines on all its marketing materials and communications
- Writing engaging copy for email marketing campaigns, our websites, postal newsletters) and other external communications
- Assist the Head of Fundraising and Web & Digital Media Manager in carrying out any other relevant duties as required
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player but also be able to work on own initiative
- Previous experience in writing copy and content for marketing material and website
- Previous experience in email marketing
- Previous experience in coordinating marketing campaigns
- Basic-to-intermediate experience in Adobe Photoshop (or similar)
- Educational Qualification: Undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in the charity sector
- Previous experience of using Salesforce, or a similar CRM platform
- Previous experience of using Mailchimp or Pardot
- Intermediate experience in Adobe Photoshop (or similar)
- Knowledge of RA and JIA
- Full driving license or car owner
Whilst this position does not require frequent off-site work, the post holder may occasionally be required to travel and work out of hours, representing the charity at external events.
NRAS is a Disability Confident Employer committed to equality and diversity in the workplace. NRAS supports employee training and development and offers flexible working.
Applications are now closed