Here for You
Here For You is a new service by NRAS that allows you to arrange a callback with someone with RA who understands you.
During these uncertain times, it more important than ever that we support each other. Be it through sharing information about COVID-19, personal experience of RA drugs and medication, or just sharing general tips and tricks on feeling less isolated and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. NRAS is Here For You.
By referring yourself to this service, you will be paired with a person with RA that has been specially trained by NRAS to help you in the best possible way. We are well aware of the difficulties people with RA can have in making someone understand what they're going through. If they don't have RA, chances are they may not get it.
The Here For You service has been designed to work in tandem with our Freephone Helpline service so you're able to share experiences as well as receive the most up to date guidance about RA.
What is the process? How do I sign up?
- Step 1: Simply click on the button at the bottom of this page to refer yourself. You'll be asked a few basic details, including when you're available for a phone call.
- Step 2: Once the form is submitted, we will review your referral and match your availability with that one of our Telephone Support Volunteers.
- Step 3: Once you're matched, we will send you an email confirming the date and time of the phone call.
- Step 4: You will receive a phone call from one of our friendly volunteers.
- Each phone call will last for a maximum for 15 minutes. You will be able to request a 'Follow-up' phone call at the end of your first call.
- The volunteers are not medically qualified and hence will not be able to give any medical advice on COVID-19. They will, however, be able to share information with you based on our official Covid-19 statement, as well as point you in the right direction in terms of guidance from NHS.