Here for You
Here For You is a new service by NRAS that allows you to arrange a callback with someone with RA who understands you.
During these uncertain times, it is more important than ever that we support each other. Be it through sharing information about COVID-19, personal experience of RA drugs and medication, or just sharing general tips and tricks on feeling less isolated and maintaining a healthy lifestyle, NRAS is Here For You.
By referring yourself to this service, you will be paired with a person with RA that has been specially trained by NRAS to help you in the best possible way. We are well aware of the difficulties people with RA can have in making someone understand what they're going through. If they don't have RA, chances are they may not 'get it'.
The Here For You service has been designed to work in tandem with our Freephone Helpline service so you're able to share experiences as well as receive the most up to date guidance about RA.
What is the process? How do I sign up?
- Step 1: Simply click on the button at the bottom of this page to refer yourself. You'll be asked a few basic details, including when you're available for a phone call.
- Step 2: Once the form is submitted, we will review your referral and match your availability with that one of our Telephone Support Volunteers.
- Step 3: Once you're matched, we will send you an email confirming the date and time of the phone call.
- Step 4: You will receive a phone call from one of our friendly volunteers.
The Here For You peer volunteers are trained to offer peer advice and information. As peers their expertise lies in their personal experience of RA drugs and their individual life journey. This enables them to help you gain a deeper understanding of the realities, challenges and positive experiences of living with RA from someone who has faced and overcome the very same challenges you may face today, tomorrow or sometime in the future.
They can offer experience, empathy and comfort - however what they can’t offer is medical advice or therapeutic counselling.
They are peer mentors drawing on lived experience not healthcare professionals. If you are seeking advice in this area you need to talk to your own HCP team or call the NRAS telephone support Helpline team on 0800 298 7650.
- Each phone call will last for a maximum for 15 minutes. You will be able to request a 'Follow-up' phone call at the end of your first call.
Here's a video of one of our telephone support volunteers talking about why she joined the Here for You initiative: