Do you own a vehicle that you want to sell or get rid of? Then please donate it to us through Giveacar!
What is Giveacar?
Giveacar is a non-profit fundraising organisation that raises money for UK charities by scrapping and selling old cars. Any car that is donated will either be sold in a salvage auction for its salvage value, or disposed of at an Authorised Treatment Facility (ATF). Our salvage partner guarantees a return for every car we give them - regardless of condition!
They provide a free nationwide service which:
- Arranges collection of the vehicle from your home
- Depending on its age and condition, recycles it at an Authorised Treatment Facility or sends it to auction.
Scrap donations raise an average of £35 (depending on the price of metal) while auction cars can raise much more. Since Giveacar was set up in 2010, the organisation has already raised over £2million for 1500 charities!
How to do it - Three Step Process
- Contact - A Giveacar employee takes down all customer details. We then forward those details to our salvage partner. A collection agent is assigned and calls to arrange a convenient time for vehicle collection.
- Collection - All vehicles are collected within 7 days of the initial enquiry. All cars, including those that do not start, can be collected and loaded onto the tow trucks.
- Donation - Depending on a vehicle's state of repair, it will either be sold at auction or disposed of at an Authorised Treatment Facility. Giveacar receives the donation shortly after the sale or disposal, they will process the donation for their own records and then forward it to NRAS. You will be sent a receipt from both Giveacar and NRAS.
To arrange collection of a car, visit Giveacar.co.uk or call 020 7736 4242, quoting NRAS as your chosen charity.