Frogmore House and Garden Open Day
|Date||Thursday 30th May 2019|
|Location||Frogmore House and Garden, Home Park, Frogmore Dr, Windsor, SL4 2JG|
|Time||Entry from 10:00 to 17:30 (last entry at 16:00)|
Frogmore House is a private royal residence, but on 30 May 2019 the House and Garden will be open for the NRAS charity garden open day.
Built in the 17th century, Frogmore House became a royal residence in 1792 when it was purchased by Queen Charlotte. Since then, successive monarchs have enjoyed the tranquil surroundings and delightful interiors. Although is no longer an occupied royal residence, Frogmore House is frequently used by the Royal Family for private entertaining.
The 35-acre gardens at Frogmore House are one of its most enduring attractions.
- Tickets purchased will be for access to the garden, once inside the garden, limited numbers of timed tickets are available to visit the house.
- Tickets can also be purchased on the day by cash at the gate.
- Cash only - no credit/debit cards will be accepted on the day.
So come along with your family and friends supporting NRAS, bring a picnic! This is a rare opportunity to walk through the beautiful gardens.
NRAS merchandise will be available to buy with cash as well as free information leaflets on rheumatoid arthritis - look out for the NRAS stand!
- A visit to Frogmore House typically lasts 2 hours.
- Visitors and their belonging may be subject to security checks. Read more about security & luggage.
- Photography is not permitted in Frogmore House, but photography in the gardens is welcomed for personal use. Read about photography, filming & mobile phones.
- Eating and drinking aren't allowed inside Frogmore House.
- There are toilets and baby-care facilities available outside the House.
- For safety reasons, pushchairs cannot be taken into the House. They need to be checked in at the entrance and collected at the end of your visit. Read more about visiting with children.
- The Royal Mausoleum is not open to visitors.
- Credit/Debit cards will not be accepted on the day, cash only.
- Refreshments will be available to purchase within the grounds, or you may bring your own picnic.
- No dogs allowed.
Windsor Train/Coach Station to the Long Walk
15 minutes walk (approx)
6 minutes by taxi (approx)
Frogmore House is located within Windsor Home Park, the private park adjacent to Windsor Castle. Visitors to the charity garden open days should enter from the Long Walk Gate, accessed via Park Street in Windsor Town Centre. Limited free parking off the Long Walk. Please note; between 10.30 - 11.30am Changing the Guard will result in road closures in the town centre.
- Victoria Street car park
- King Edward Court car park
- King Edward V11 Avenue, SL4 6HX
- Romney Lock car park