RA Awareness Week 2016
Thank you for helpline us spread awareness of rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Here are some key highlights from RA Awareness Week (RAAW) 2016:
- 436 people signed up to the RAAW Thunderclap, sending out a collective message that reached over 180,000 people! Over 500 tweets were posted using hashtag #SpotlightOnRA and we reached over 200,000 people through our posts on Facebook.
- A series of special SpotlightOnRA videos were filmed by NRAS and their PR company. In these videos, people with RA were asked to shine a spotlight on things they would like others to know about. Most talked about extreme internal fatigue. Watch videos here
- We met with the Secretary of State for Work and Pensions, Stephen Crabb MP to discuss the welfare and work issues that matter most to people with RA.
- Over 100 of our members gathered at the Diorama Arts Studio in London for a series of talks from plus a Q&A with experts.
- A 12-page supplement about rheumatoid arthritis (RA) was launched in the The Guardian Newspaper on 13 June.
- We launched a new report called 'Spotlight on RA: perspectives on living with and treating RA' (link) in partnership with Eli Lilly at an event in the House of Commons. Parliamentarians were
joined by NRAS volunteers from across the country.
- We launched three ‘Spotlight on RA’ posters based on three key topics related to RA - depression, smoking and cardiovascular risk (link). Over 500 posters and awareness packs were sent out to hospitals and general public to raise awareness.
- We ran our first ever RAAW Raffle Draw selling over 1,600 tickets (link).
That's not all! We are still hearing of the wonderful things that many of you did to raise awareness, so if you have any photos or stories, please do share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org