Projects and Events Administrator
This role has been created to support a growing organisation delivering a diverse range of projects and events. The post holder will provide administrative support for three managers responsible for the full range of activities both internally and externally. You will support the:
- Director of Commissioned Services
- Policy & Public Affairs Manager
- Youth & Family Services Manager
Main purpose of role
Events and patient training courses
- Acting as a point of contact for people living with RA/JIA and their families including NRAS volunteers and healthcare professionals. Monitoring and responding to their enquiries and entering bookings onto a database.
- Supporting event and training course organisation including venue liaison, preparation of papers and materials, travel bookings, supplier arrangements and other logistics.
- Supporting onsite management of events, including set up and delegate registration.
- Supporting with pre- and post-event communications, including mailings to invitees and delegates, and producing summaries. This will include contact with high profile contacts including members of parliament, NHS officials and government contacts
Communications and membership support
- Updating member and other contact details on a database (Salesforce).
- Supporting the Youth & Family Services Manager with preparing and circulating a regular e-newsletter to members and supporters using MailChimp.
- Providing support on campaigns and media activities including the collation of case studies.
- Updating content on the NRAS and JIA-at-NRAS websites for the supported departments
- Acting as a public point of contact for the Commissioned Services, Policy & Public Affairs, and the Youth & Family Services departments. Answering the telephone, responding to email and written enquiries.
- Proving general administrative support across the small staff team.
- Arranging meetings, liaising with attendees, making travel and other arrangements, coordinating diaries.
- Taking minutes and producing summaries.
- An understanding of equality and diversity and its application in the workplace.
- Any other duties as required by the managers and commensurate with the role.
This role will support three key functions in the organisation, each of which is led by a single member of staff. The Chief Executive takes a keen interest in each of these areas of the charity.
- Director of Commissioned Services, Youth & Family Services Manager and Policy & Public Affairs Manager, each of whom will be leading on the projects and events you work on and will provide direction in tasks related to their areas.
- Other colleagues internally including the Office Administrator, Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive and Sussex-based Local Services Supervisors who are involved in the organisation of patient training courses in their area.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please email Tammy Mallowan at email@example.com with your CV and cover letter showing how you meet the key requirements.